Union Settlement College Readiness Program enables New York City students to gain access to higher education through a program of counseling, academic enrichment and internship opportunities.
SAT Prep Class
We are offering a free six week SAT prep class for Junior and Seniors. Space is limited and preference will be given to low-income students within our target schools or living in East Harlem.
Classes take place Saturdays from 11am-3pm at the Washington Community Center.
The deadline to register is February 21st by 5pm.
Pre-Test Saturday March 1, 2014
Test begins promptly at 11am
- Must be a registered participant of USCRP (new participants must attend an interview with the Director of USCRP)
- Complete pre-test on March 1st and commit to attending all 6 sessions
- Bring in latest transcript
- Parent/Guardian must complete phone info session with the Director of USCRP
- Signed Educational Release form and photo consent must accompany registration
For more information or to turn in your registration form, contact:
Charmaine Massiah (212) 828-6136
Danese Forbes (212) 828-6139
Nitesha McHugh: (212) 828-6137
Seth Weary (212) 828-6138
Monique Keller (212) 828-6116
Forms should be dropped off at the Washington Community Center, 1775 3rd Ave (@ E. 98th St.)
Please fill out this registration form.
Public Speaking Workshop
Say goodbye to your Public Speaking fears!
High School Juniors and Seniors are invited to register for a Public Speaking Workshop.
- Mondays from 4:00-5:30pm, starting October 28th
- Washington Community Center, 1775 Third Avenue at 98th Street
Monqiue Keller, College Transitions Counselor
Union Settlement College Readiness Program
Find more information here.
College Readiness Alumni Network
Are you an alum of our program? Reconnect and get involved here!
For more information contact Katie Randall, the College Readiness Alumni Network Coordinator, at (212) 828-6026 or at email@example.com
Established in 1964, Union Settlement College Readiness Program (USCRP) has assisted more than 18,000 students in its 50-year history. Over 90 percent of participating students have been accepted to at least one institution of higher education and 20 percent have gone on to graduate school.
Today, the program serves more than 1,380 students each year with the following programs:
- Providing Hope and Opportunity
- SAT Prep Courses
- Writing Workshops
- Career and College Fairs
- Computer Workshops
- Specialized High School Admission and Regents Test Prep Courses
- Leadership Academy
- College Trips
- Academic Advising/Tutoring
- Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP)
- Summer Writing and Theater Program (SWTP)
- Individual Counseling
- Drew University Summer College
- High School Prep Workshops for Middle School Students
- Assistance with College Applications and FAFSA Filing
- Community Service Opportunities
We collaborate with the following organizations:
- CCNY Grove School of Engineering
- Drew University
- Hunter College
- Laguardia College
- Marymount Manhattan College
- New York Cares
- Hope Community, Inc.
Location and Contact Information:
Washington Houses Community Center
1777 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10029
Union Settlement Association is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
TTY (800) 662-1220 and Voice (800) 421-1220
Union Settlement © 2014 | Web Design by Ironpaper